Sunday, June 15, 2008

...happy, happy days...

bored bored bored.. so much time, so little things to do...

So, what does a bored woman do to fill her past time?

Audit time!

Yep, I am a freak. I need to get myself a new hobby.

After doing the laundry and all the boring sweat stuff a wife always do during the weekend, I decided to clear out some unwanted items from my husband's office suite. Well, well, whaddaya know. I found some memorabilia. Many of them, of course, were dated way back from our uni time. My letters to him (ahem), some of our gifts to each other (mostly chocolates, and he kept all the wrappers! Euww...oh silap.. Aawwwww...)

One worthy to be mentioned is a birthday card from our friends to him. Actually, some girl friends. Don't get me wrong, I am not jealous. Heck, those girls know him well before I did. But I heard that he was actually interested with one of the girl. Before he met me. Heh.

By the way, for those of you who live in a small 3-room apartment like me, do organize and audit your home at least once in 3 months. It's important for you to clear off all items which have never seen the light of the day for more than 6 months, because you would never use them anyway. Like, hey I might use this later, this just need some fixing, I might need to read this.. etc. Because, if you are busy just like me, what are the chances that you will use them again? Like, never?

Plus, don't be too sentimental. Yep, you can keep some stuffs to remind you of your old days in college with your loved one (or ones.. he he). But why waste a lot of storage for memories? Especially if the gifts are not from your boyfriend who end up being your husband. Keeping them spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E. Hey, men do not appreciate competition, not from ex-es. :P

Other things that need to be stored and stowed away are wedding tokens. You know, those nice ceramic trinket boxes, those hand-held fans, the hankies, the glasses... it's very difficult to throw them out, isn't it? The bride and groom go all the way to give every attending guest something to bring back home, to remind you that yes, it's a happy occassion...

As much as I appreciate all of them, there will be time when you think.. hm... what do we do with these stuffs when it starts overflowing...?

But keeping them on display would just gather dust, and as pretty as it might be on the shelves, after a while you will definitely regret it once you have to start cleaning them. Especially now that you have kids... (snicker)...

Just to share with you my collection...


All nice and flowery...
How many you'd reckon you need, to keep yourselves cool...in a marriage?

...and many more!

No comments: