Tuesday, October 28, 2008

...sisterly love...

...Tuesday morning...

I wish to discuss about my brother today... and I just don't know what to do.

My brother is 13 years old. He's the only son in the family. When we fought, we were equal; equally 5-year-olds :). When my mom was pregnant with him, I used to smack my mom's belly so hard. I cried when I knew I would no longer be my parents' sole attention.

But, though I hate to admit it, actually I love him. ;-)

But that is not what I wish to discusss. I was so angry at him. Why? At the tender age of 13, he actually proposed to his girlfriend! How do I know it?

I read his text messages.

Yes, yes, the naivety of youth. I was 13 once. I know. But he's still.. young!

Is this me in protective mode? Yes. I mean, 13 is the age whereby you enjoy your teens. Go socialize! Play games and sports! See the world (through school trips with your teachers, mind you). Not to pursue stupid girls who spell 'aku' as 'aq' in her text messages. Euww..

I don't know how to approach this subject. If it's up to me, I'll text the girl and put it right my way - "hey slutty beeootchh, don't you ever, EVER, dare to play the fool around my brother!" Uh.. that's harsh.

But I have to remind myself that I have to let him experience this silliness we called CRUSH. At what expense? His study? Maybe. I want him to know that if he choose to pursue stupid young slutty bitchy hoe (pardon my language, I am still fuming), he'll end up being nobody. If you choose to pursue your future, you definitely get people to pursue you. Right?

I would blame the media for this problem. Turn to any channel on our pay-tv, they glorify this subject like nobody's business. Like, it's cool to have girlfriends... or that you have to conform to a certain image when you are a teen so that people will like you. You have to wear a certain style. My brother, he has curly hair. But since ALL his friends has straight hair and can style it with the latest trend, he was so crushed that he secretly uses rebonding hair product! As much as I laugh at that, I felt so sorry for him. I want to tell him that it's OK to be different.

I wish I can protect him from all this, but I know if I keep on doing that, I'll be losing him in the end.

But I would really... really.. love to text that girl. Just once.. Just.. ishhh...

No comments: